Monday 22 December 2014

December 2014 Summary: R-6.5


Week 1: 1st-5th December 2014 : R-4.8. Started with no real method and because I insisted on continuing like this I did a number on my P/L over Monday and Tuesday I couldn't recover from. (Well I could have had I been a bit more confident on Tues PM,  not messed Thurs up.

Week 2: 8-12th December 2014: R-0.5. One of those weeks where life got in the way. Problems outside of trading happened, namely rented flat and health.  Got a little cautious at the end of the week but I'm not going to take this to heart. I have been under the weather and have had quite a bit of pressure from the flat weighing in and effecting my judgement and am certain it was just these two factors throwing me off.

Week 3: 15 -19th December 2014 R-1.2Bitty week got Xmas'ed. Started well but made classic error of buying at supply. 

Summary: Don't really know what to say here, guess i just start from the beginning. Started month trading 3 pairs (EU/EJ/UJ) using highs and lows for direction, this was very time consuming and tiring (large loss in first week), Changed method middle of first week to something simpler (as advised by John) to one pair (EU) using more or less price action to 20EMA as direction giver and trading off S/R levels with 20EMA as a barometer for valid pullbacks and rallies. However the weeks that I was trading like this were not complete as I had problems at a property I rent out,  was ill and got Xmas'd last week.  So an incomplete month it terms of weeks and days and don't feel I can glean much from the data although I have managed to "dot the i's and cross the t's" with this new method.  Going forward all I keep thinking about is the importance of sticking to one method period because if I don't I am never going to be able to learn and get probabilities on my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.