Thursday 26 June 2014

R+0.5 Time to Stop Hypothosising and Start Trading

This week I have been a bit tied up and initially decided to watch rather than trade. This lead to lots of observations which predictably started to contradict each other and to the following thought...

Ultimately I don't know and will never know which setup is going to work.  But I can improve my odds by trading levels where lots of other trades will be doing a similar things.  IE shorting at convergences of R like a horizontal or diagonal level and a downward trending 20EMA... It also stands to reason that should this trade get stopped out, a lot of other traders will be being stopped out in similar levels too. So getting long in this influx of buy/cover orders should be a fairly safe and logical play.

On the chart side I've seen every possible variation on a setup work in every type of chart action.  But for me and my nerves I prefer...
1. predominately orderly candles (only a few hi waves)
2.  A clear Trendline,  failing that a clear trend
3.  trending MA's 8/20
4.  Buying with trend (8/20) on orderly tests of the 20EMA and a level of S. Selling with trend on orderly tests at the 20EMA and a level of R. And reversing the position should either trade get stopped out to capitalize on other traders covering too.

GU Trade..


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.