Friday 11 July 2014

7th-11th July: R+0 No Trades, Being Too Hard on Myself

I have not been able to trade this week, I have had the time but not the inclination. I mentioned earlier in the week that I was feeling pressure from external sources but I have also been very busy in my other line of work, which has lead to me being pretty tired and struggling to get up each morning.

Last week I felt great, relaxed, happy go lucky, chilled out and willing to go with the flow.  This week I have not once felt that way so decided that it was probably best not to attempt to trade, as it would likely only lead to mistakes and frustration.

 This doesn't mean I haven't been stupidly beating myself up for not trading. I often forgot that trading is exhausting. It feels like it shouldn't be as I'm just sitting in front of a computer screen for something to happen. But being docile and observant for large chunks of the time and then having to suddenly become wide awake and proactive is tiring and stressful (an enjoyable stress , but stress none the less).  I feel like we all have to go to work when we don't feel like it. But my action this week was almost certainly correct as I really wasn't in a state of mind to perform the tasks well enough to trade successfully.

Summary
I have to accept that when I am exhausted not trading is the correct thing (When others go to work tired, they're just less productive, when i go to work tired I lose money). When I don't trade I need  a back up for what I am going to do with my day, something enjoyable ( a relaxed morning and then some study ./blogging). God if I'm lucky enough to be able to take a day off work when I want to I should be taking advantage of it, not watching day time TV and getting depressed that I'm not trading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.