Wednesday 1 October 2014

R-0.7: Trying to Pick Counter Trend Tops and Bottoms!

I know why this happened... because this is kind of the essence of S&R trading, trying to get in at the start of the move. BUT I was completely disregarding the trend... This is where I get messed up by the Al Brooks Method and the JMF3/Sam Seiden Method. TBH there are times when I look at some of JMF3's trades completely bemused and in awe, with no idea how he got in at the high or low. Anyway going to stick with trend (of highs and lows) until it fails for the time being. 

Issues: trying to pick tops and bottoms / counter-trend trading x3
Positive: pairing a SAR candle reversal with western TA to strengthen it.


EU Obs: Started day off wrong wishing I had been around for "A" counter trend SS short. Rest in the chart... 
Fault: trying to pick top reversal. 
Positive: pairing western reversal (H&S) with SAR  to strengthen it.

EJ Trade: Again was trying to pick the reversal rather than get with trend! Rest in the chart.
Fault trying to pick the bottom.

UJ Obs: Again trying to pick the top!
Fault: trying to pick top reversal. 
Positive: pairing western reversal (M) with SAR  to strengthen it.

GU Obs: Better was trying to get with trend.
Positive: pairing western reversal (W) with SAR  to strengthen it.

2 comments:

  1. I also hate when I get so sucked in to the market that I miss the bigger picture/trend.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.