Tuesday 1 October 2013

011013 Strategy Ammendment



PL: +0.1 / £3  CAP: £2422.29

Trades:
1. SS short (+0.1). fault should have taken profit at 252EMA.

Notes:
I've been putting this off. I meant to start on this yesterday and didn't and then again first thing this morning and here I am at ten to twelve finally getting into it.
I am simply not getting the results I want from my strategy and efforts which means more action is needed as I am trading my strategy to the letter and it isn't working.
I've been away for a couple of weeks on holiday and feel refreshed and I have been working on some ideas. To be honest some of these ideas are ones that have been imparted by others but they are also observations I have made of the market, my personality and watching of others trade.
I still want to trade the M5 chart, I have had success with it in the past and want to find success again with it in the future.
 I really don't suit over complicated stuff, when I first started I struggled to place trades, so a laborious method is not best suited to me. This has been proven with my stupidly simple Daily strategy which is Buy when price closes above the 21EMA (with a stop at confirmation's low) and the reverse for short trades. Interestingly this works well not only on the EU but also the AU, UC and GU (however the GU would probably need a wider stop considering it's volatility). Coincidentally this something that I have begun (swing trading the majors).
This simple swing method has lead me to want to simplify my day trading method and even create a simple hourly trading strategy to build up the pips. my current thoughts are as follows.

Trade D1: buy on close above 21EMA, sell on close below 21EMA, ISL: confirmation hi/lo + 20 pips.

Trade H1: still working on... but thinking something using the 50SMA or 21EMA as a base (maybe PB/RL to a MA and BO of RL'sand BD of PB, maybe just trading hammers and shooting Stars -and maybe using limit orders)

Trade M5: ...
only trade on EU/UK and US opens (0700-1000 and 1330-1500)
trade just with the 252EMA, 8SMA,  D1 S&R levels and fibs (not a fan of pivots yet)
Buy when price closes above 252,  Sell when price closes below 252 (LT)
Buy when price closes above D1 R (prior RL must be broken),  Sell when price closes below D1 S (prior PB must be broken),  (LT continuation)
Buy on PB to fib / pivot / D1 level using CAPH, Sell on RL to fib/pivot /D1 level using CBPL.  (ST)
Counter trend trade on HM and SS back into an S/R level. (ST)
ISL: conf hi/lo + spread
IPT: 2:1 , S/R level
TSL:  track los of each new high + spread
Exits: close against 8SMA,  CBPL,  CAPH,
DEF: a PB is can be identified as such when price CAPH,  and a RL when price CPBL.
Prep:  keep marking RL and PB hi's and los.

For now I'm going to continue using the close for my entries. But I have been getting a lot of help from scalpingthestretch who has been introducing and teaching me how to trade price levels rather than waiting for the close. I am delaying this slightly because I'm just getting used to looking for different signals and while my eyes tune in I'm going to stick to a method I can perform with ease, also have to admit I love the beauty of trading the close, but I hope the same love will come for trading the level.

Things to do tonight so I'm ready tmrw
1. download some pivots (done)
2. set D1 chart up with 21EMA (done)
3. set M5 chart up with 252EMA,  8SMA, (done)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.