Wednesday 9 October 2013

091013 indifference & exhaustion

P/L: -1% / £22.42  CAP: £2374.85

Trades:
1. Short off D1 S into S1 (-0.52)
 fault1. hadn't mapped Pivots, this got me fearful and made fault2.  discretionary exit.
2. Long off SS into 21EMA (-0.44).  fault1. SS hadn't touched S/R, so invalid entry.


Trade(s) I should have taken.
A. Short off D1 S into S1 (+3) , Actually got this trade entry screwed the exit due to lack of prep.


Notes:
Price has been ranging within the prior days range for quite a few sessions.  This changed today.  I usually use Fibs to plan my entries.  obviously these are useless once price has broken the range.
Map Fibs for Ranging (within prior days Hi&lo)sessions ATG
Map Pivots for trending (out of prior days hi/lo)sessions ATG

Summary:  Again right idea, terrible execution.  I'm not on form. I'm not  upset because I'm seeing the correct opportunities I just have a general feeling of indifference about trading at the moment and this is because I'm over tired. I'm just going in a cycle of  waking up, don't feel terrible,  but don't feel great,  think I might fuck up if I place a trade,  think this is an excuse not to trade and I'm being a pussy so decide I should trade, have no patience because I'm not in the right head space and lose due to not waiting for the correct entry or exit... When I first started I had a strong trait for avoiding loss. So much so that I would simply not trade to avoid it! I'm so scared that this will creep back in that I trade even when I'm over tired,  which is stupid. I guess I've got to accept that I have moved on from that behaviour and I can trust myself to manage my time and self better. Unless I wake up wanting to trade tomorrow and/or Friday I'm going to take the rest week off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.