Thursday 17 October 2013

171013 Practising Al Brooks: Lessons so far...

Trades I really did spot as the market was developing using Al Brooks method.
Price looking to Double Top near D1 R waiting for short confirmation...
A. Short "M" near D1 R,  both tops had dark cloud cover,  move sell stop to low of small high after first not being triggered. PT: 21EMA not perfect because 2nd high higher so better fill, which Brooks would be wary of. approx 1% return 1:1
Price PB from high breaks ST up trendline which is a Brooks buy signal, wait for buy confirmation...
B. Buy 21EMA PB (BD of ST UWTL), move buy stop to bull bar hi after bear bar failed to trigger. PT : Brooks says you must hold the swings in the trend direction. Even though not actually in this move I could feel my doubt coming in.  drew TC as Brooks recommends, closed on trade above it. There were in fact 2 TC a small and large one... I doubt I would have held until the test of the larger but there was no sign of momentum slowing so I guess I going to have to learn to hold in a trend if there is no sign of weakness.  Aprox 5% - 13% return 1:5-13


RE yesterday's comment:  Thanks so much for the advice and simplifying it for me, makes a lot of sense. I guess I just have to get my eyes tuned into new things.  Your indicator sounds brilliant, where can I get my hands on it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.