Saturday 14 December 2013

Week Summary 141213 (100th Post!)

Just before I start I would like to mention that this is my 100th post. I have never kept a blog for longer than about 30 posts before and the thought of 100 posts in those days seemed like a real achievement.  In reality as I sit here writing it I realize that it is no more important than the 1st, 2nd, 50th or 99th (they are all equally important as each one quite literally marks a step in the right direction). It feels like this blog has a little life of it's own and is currently such a part of my own life I would not feel complete without it. It obviously would not exist without me but it's questionable if it would have lasted this long or made as much progress without the comments, communication, help and encouragement from other traders who have nurtured it (and me for that matter). It sounds quite wet but I feel an overwhelming feeling of gratitude towards the blog, my blogging friends and even a little bit to myself for starting and maintaining it.

Anyway I'll dry tears,  reattach my penis and do this summary :-)


Intraday Weekly PL:£-37.67      R   -1.77


POSITIVES
1. Good Prep,  Patience and Discipline in the first half of the session

NEGATIVES

1. Started week with 20EMA bias
2. Started week with too much bias on TLs rather than LHs, HLs and horizontal lines!
3. Not having enough faith in or identifying W bottoms and M tops
4. discretionary exit (poor TSL method)
5.  using a hi wave candle as a trigger!
6. getting lazy with prep(chart annotations) later in session BIGGEST ISSUE!

7.  poor Patience  later in session (to wait out the BW).  

FIXES

1. removed 20EMA, don't need it!
2. Just got to focus on HLs, LHs and mark them with Horizontal TLs as a guide. In an uptrend if price is making HLs and a PB can't close below the prior HL  stay long.
3. I have added W/M to my Intraday method. in an up trend if price makes a LH after a PB = M top.
4. Poor TSL method. need 2 solid closes with trade then track each subsequent close with trade.
5. Clearly add to guide no trading on hi wave candles
6&7. Laziness is a psychology issue. I get a bit bored start tweeting, or writing up my blog post and volia miss the trade. My motivation should be on getting a good trade.  That self help line "whatever you are thinking about is in the process of becoming" comes to mind.  But I think a more accurate way of saying this is "Good or Bad, whatever you are thinking about is in the process of becoming".  My mind slips and I start thinking I'm bored and want entertainment (ie twitter / blog) and that's precisely what I get.  Entertainment but no trades because I'm too busy doing something else (the thing that I'm thinking about most, entertainment).

ADDITIONS

Forgot to Grade all my trades! (pain in the ass when trying to do a summary!)

SWING TRADES despite mentioning these last week they hadn't actually hit their PTs.  They have now so R+4 hurrah!


SUMMARY

My prep and discipline / laziness were the real issues this week....
I spotted 8 good trade entries (all honestly spotted in realtime). But were not all taken due to wrong focus, or taken and badly managed. I also spotted and traded 2 bad trade entries. But even so if I'm risking 1% on all trades I should still technically be up for the week.  Although the PL doesn't show it, this week feels like a victory because I can honestly say hand on heart that I am seeing more correct trades than incorrect ones.  I also understand where the problems lie. Admittedly these won't be the easiest things in the world to fix but they're certainly not impossible. Might be nice to aim for a BE week next week.

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on your 100th post! Blogging is an interesting thing isn't it? ;)

    -AT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks AT!. See you surpassed your 100th a while back! As you say blogging sure is an interesting thing! :-)

      Delete
  2. Got to agree with the poster above, congratulations on reaching 100, looking forward to the next 100

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 100th post is special, shows commitment to documenting your trading and your willingness to improve; hope to see the 200th post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo! 100! I don't think I've celebrated any of my blogging "milestones" but mostly because I never pay attention to how many posts blogger undoubtedly tells me, somewhere, that I have made. To be honest George, if I wrote as much as you do each day, I don't think I would have made it to 100. LOL :) And that's not to imply that you write too much. Actually quite the opposite, I am just a lazy blogger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MBA! cheers mate, kind words. Nah I definitely do sometimes. Buddy I'm the blogging equivalent of verbal diarrhoea ;)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.