Wednesday 8 January 2014

Bias on candles instead of Price Action

PL: R +0.66   £+14.40

Summary: Generally this was an easier day in terms of direction than yesterday... Having said that I did feel less rusty, spotting BW first thing and frustratingly acknowledging the potential short at 2 but not taking it as it was not "technically" a LH, this of course then went all the way to test 1.36 (Duh!). Gladly I started to respect price action over candles from this point so managed to avoid the short at 4 and take the short at 6 instead that I entered on a trailing Buy Stop. This is the first time ever I've trailed my entry stop, so pretty happy with that. But exited on touch of 1.36 which was a discretionary exit.  Good Prep,  Good Patience,  Poor in trade Discipline.



Series of LHs =  initial bias short
1. BW (barbwire), waiting this out...
2. Felt like a short trade off the small RL back to demand/support after its BD (Polarity Change). But I was focusing too much on the candles (it wasn't technically a LH) than on price action itself (as JMF3 warned me about), I guess at least I saw it could be a trade,  shame.
3. As DWTLs get more acute and the touch of 1.36, perhaps unwisely I'm starting to pre-empt a reversal despite no TLB.
4. Was technically a LH short,  but I avoided it as price action had not RL to a RLH or PBL and it's proximity to 1.36.
5. TLB,  bias technically remains short. But shows some bullish strength.
6. Short off prior RLHs on a trailing buy stop. Discretionary exit at 1.36. Prep & Patience good, Poor Discipline R 0.66

1 comment:

  1. I trade candles in forex exclusively. They are powerful but very complex.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.