Thursday 23 January 2014

Did all the work but got off the ride early.

PL: R+1.7   £+32.56

Psychology: I was thinking today that I'm probably insane. The reason for this is that in the last 3 months and still now, I actually believe I'm going to make it, despite all my results saying otherwise. Is that faith, insanity or both?  I don't know, I don't even know if it matters, it's just a thought... However having said all that you might have noticed I was a little perturbed yesterday, "youfuckingfuck" rarely comes out of the bag. So there was definitely some kind of disconnect from this "faith" yesterday. To clarify I wanted to throw my laptop out of the window then piss on it. 
Yesterday I have never felt so frustrated and disheartened. The nearest I can sum it up to is the following, and in this exact order... 1. Really needing to take a shit. 2. Wanting hit something until it dies, 3. Wanting to inflict failure on my liver and 4. Wanting a cuddle from my mum.  Those words of JMF3  rang in my ears night "it's not easy, but it's not complicated" and he's right. This is why this game can hurt ones pride and cause so much frustration. As when you try your hardest at something that is simple in nature, you feel like a complete c*** when you fail.
Anyway feeling a bit happier today. Had a drink last night, a shit this morning,  got a hug from my mum and I'm just off to kill something.

BTW big thanks for all the comments. Note to fellow traders putting "Emotional" in your blog title is like turning on the "trading bat signal" :-) 

Summary:  You got to laugh and I did. Better entry, fucked the exit by getting scared and using a discretionary exit not letting the market tell me when to get out. Laird Hamilton's quote sums it up: “If you just get out of your own way... it's amazing what will come to you”. And I got all over this trade ;-).
Good or bad, anything can happen so do not try and predict what the market is going to do. Let it tell you when to enter and tell you when to exit. 

1. Long on PB to prior PBL,  entry tick abv prior low (actually much late than that, my fault) Exit discretionary just lost my nerve with the TSLs (guess I was just desperate for some gains). R+1.7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.