Tuesday 14 January 2014

Sabotaged Myself... Have Some Questions

PL: R-1.8    £-40.27

Summary: Actually trying less prep today in-terms of identifying trend direction. The reason for this is that I feel I got too caught up with trend trading rather than "context" trading yesterday. I was concentrating on the direction of the Demand/Supply line rather than the proximity of price to S&R and what it was doing there. I'm trying to enter the day with no bias and just trade/flow with what the market gives/does, as I'm coming to the realization that even when trend trading there are times when I will be fighting the market (at reversals).

Despite the poor PL I actually felt like I flowed with the market better than ever. After 3 losses in a row AND seeing (4)! I thought I had better re-access,  sod's law had I taken it I would have got my BE winner and some! Despite it feeling like I was getting it all wrong, I got myself (fear)! Seeing price reach 1.37 made me want to vomit out of my ass.
Today is the first day where I feel that my Prep, Patience and Discipline were correct in every trade I took, With the obvious exception of 4 which I didn't take.

Qs
1. Was I right to take all the trades I did. I got fearful that with a loss approaching 2% I might not make it up in one trade (TBH what I said about fear sounds wrong, I should do what the market tells me not my emotions, so I probably was right to take the trades I did, the only mistake I made was not taking 4)?
2. Was I over-trading in 1-3 (it felt like I was but I was definitely flowing with the market when I did)?
3. Was there a way I could have reduced the trades I took (I couldn't help but notice( despite knowing this is wrong that) had I used the close abv/blw prior high /low instead of a tick I would have only had to take trade (4))?
4.Was actually I trading correctly and should I have just continued to trade with the market?


1. Short on RL to PC Good Prep, Good Patience, Good Discipline. R-0.7
2. SAR Long when price PB to PC and bounces. Good Prep, Good Patience, Good Discipline R-0.5
3. SAR Short when price failed to continue up. R-0.6
Three losses in a row =  quit for day.
4.  SAR Long when price failed to continue down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.