Friday 7 November 2014

3rd - 7th November 2014: R-3.9 (success went to head)


Monday: Failure to TSL meant late exit on a failed trend trade and so late entry on the SAR of it. So ended up buying where bulls were TPing.

Tuesday: Being unrealistic with PT.  Shorted but prior low only a few pips away, got hit, should have exited, didn't, it reversed and hit my ISL.

Wednesday: Again being unrealistic with PT, Got long into prior high, hit it,  held, PB and hit TSL. But focus on how to make session profitable was a better mind set.

Thursday: Not trading with trend and averaged down loss. Trying things out, not  too worried about this.

Friday: Know I'm off my game (+NFPs) so decided to end early and get summary done,

Summary: Basic, basic, basic, stuff lacking! Trend! TSL! Realistic PTs! Last week's success went to head, was focusing on LT goals in session rather than what needed to be done, as can be seen above (more here). Even the journal suffered ( was misidentifying faults). May sound down on myself  but I'm not, I just really needed to hammer home to myself here that I can't let the in session focus slip even for a minute... Not going to dwell but will remind myself occasionally this WE of what needs to be done then focus on relaxing and being fresh for Monday.

Goal for next week: Focus solely on what you need to do to make each session successful. Take each and every setup with the exclusion of  HM,SS, triggers that are not on S/R/small/ body's aren't contained by prior bar's range. Be Realistic with PTs. Keep updating charts in trade! And continue to trade should I go in the red, SAR's may not get me completely back in the black but they sure get me near. Let my trade plan and orders play out or I risk the very real chance of over-trading. Be aware that after a new level prints (high/low) its opposite can from very quickly after (low/high).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.