Wednesday 26 November 2014

R-0: Way too Slow to Act, Missed an S Level (EU)

UPDATE: Sitting here this afternoon I can't help thinking I just wasn't enjoying the process M-W, it was not fun in any way and when I have fun I'm relaxed and do better. Had a chat with Brian Holiman recently...
BH:"the word struggling....I think if we just stopped struggling....we'd be good......
GD" you're absolutely right. I think (unnecessarily)"struggling" with obeying my method pretty much sums up my year.".... I WANT/NEED to have FUN.

I hate to change the plan, but damn am I slow.  Updating S&R and highs and lows every 5 mins in real-time on 3 pairs is a job and I missed a lot. Wondering if I can take classic PA reversals off major M30+M5 S&R at the top/bottom of a move on a candle reversal (a la Seiden). Then use moving averages (20ema + 240ema),  00s and .50s as a sort of prefilter for with trend PB/RL trades, matched with a bit of S/R respectively to ease up the work load, will try tomorrow.

EU Obs: Got caught up IDing M30 levels, instead of just looking left and labelling the obvious M5 ones

EJ Obs: Sam Seiden(ish) trades

1 comment:

  1. First, I'm not sure you need to trade more than one instrument until you are consistent on it.
    Then, I'm not sure once you are consistent on one, you will care about trading another.

    I've found that when trying to do too many things, I get behind, which creates frustration, which leads to additional emotional responses, which leads to bad decisions. I also find that I manage to take losing trades on one instrument while missing the winning trade on the other one. This creates more frustration and more bad decisions.

    These markets are enormous in their liquidity, and one instrument will provide more than adequate depth and opportunity to create a fantastic living.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.