Tuesday 25 November 2014

R-3.3: Poor Prep (EU+EJ), Discretionary Exit (EU), Overtrading (EU).

Despite being deep in the red, I think my reads were quite good. The poor result is really more to do with my lack of  real time experience; being overwhelmed by the speed of the market and it's impact on my prep and decision making. But I don't believe these are things that can't be fixed simply with more real time practice! This is a demo account, it doesn't matter if I blow it up improving my reaction times.

Things learnt
  • Avoid doji triggers (did)
  • Colour M30 S&R blue
  • Colour M5 S&R dark blue
  • Let trades hit their ISL (tipping point) before taking a new position be they LSH/HSL or SARs


EU Trades:  Poor prep meant missed trade,  then "discretionary" exit caused over-trading.

EJ Obs: Missed a good trade because I hadn't clearly marked M30 S/R = colour code M30 and M5 S/R

UJ Obs: correctly avoided a doji trigger, but missed a PB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.