Friday 12 July 2013

120713 Decision to include TP Order




P/L: -0.75% / -£5.99 (i used slightly smaller risk today) CAP £2739.49

Trades
1. HSL 0.35, Exit TSL. Good trade. But could have been 2% gain if TP order used.
2. HSL 1.5,  exit TSL Good trade.  But again could have been 2% gain if TP order used.
3. HSL 0.8, Exit TSL. Good trade. and again could have been 2% gain if TP order used.
4. HM -1, exit ISL. Bad trade,  shouldn't be trading a HM that is not at the bottom of a move.
5. HSL -0.3,  Exit TSL.  Good Trade. Stopped out too early could have been another 2% gain,  tracking narrow range candles is dangerous.
6. HM -1, Exit ISL. Good trade.  But I'm just getting slaughtered trying to pick reversals I'm thinking of leaving them alone and only trading with the trend (21/50).
7. HSL -1,  Exit ISL. Good trade, bad luck.

Summary:
A good day personally as I followed the strategy and my money management rules well.  However because I am asking so much of the strategy (large gains)  it isn't performing as well as it could if I would just take some profit when it's up 1:2, So I'm relenting. I can't keep fighting the facts. I'm dropping my desire to go for big gains and I'm going to set TP orders and get 1:2 as and when I can. I'm also going to stop trying to pick reversals and look into a new way of going about it as these are killing me (I'm thinking only trading against trend 21/50 when price reaches the LT 252),  so essentially only trend trading (21/50) for the time being.  The number of trades is decreasing which exactly what I wanted (as the strategy was over-trading) and the trade profits are increasing.  Had I traded with TP orders and only with the trend I would have had approx 7% day from only 5 trades. Definitely a step in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.