Friday 2 August 2013

020813 Another lax day following guide = guide needs tidying up, I need to refocus on execution!



P/L: -0.5% / -£18.15  CAP: £2555.25

Trades
1. HSL(-0.4),  exit close against 8SMA. Okay trade
2. LSH (-0.1), exit close against 8SMA,  FAULT shouldn't have traded with less than 1:1 RRR (252 too near). and as late entry should have used a limit order for entry.

Notes:  
Failed to do my morning routine, which suggest my lapse in personal discipline/direction is not only in my trading.
Still got that 50SMA setup under my skin, in part because as I was tidying up my guide I was going through the month's trades and kept noticing it (I also had a similar setup a few years ago). Here's how I could have traded this AM instead.

Summary: Ultimately it is not my strategy that is failing, it is my execution of it. Which can only be caused by 2 things... 1.  personal failure 2. a poor guide...
TBH it is mostly 1 but partly 2. In recent weeks I have added and amended my guide and it is a mess.  I have now gone through it and created a more concise and clear version of all that my forward testing has taught me. I also think that I have let external problems get the better of me (health-doctors appointment and financial- tenant problems). I'm not using these as an excuse but actually as warning to myself for the future and something to beware of! I think (now that I have tidied my guide up) I just need to forgive myself ( I just re-read yesterday's post and although it was meant to be humorous it's actually quite angry, I considered editing the "word" but I decided it's more important for me to have a record of my emotions), turn the screens off, have a great weekend and watch the "sunset" on this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.